Thursday, April 3, 2008

Books

Why is it so hard to write a book? I've had ideas. I've had one idea kicking around for a couple years now but it's only been started about five times and has never really gone anywhere. I mean, think about it--if you simply write a single page a day within a year you'll have a 300 page novel. Sounds simple, right? I mean, have a good day or two and you can take a nice long break (i.e., abandon the project for a few more years).

So why don't I have a single book? I'm not looking for a dozen novels. I just want one. One. I read stuff all the time and say, "This is crap. I could write this." But I don't. I suppose that's the crux of it. I don't make myself do it. That and my overdeveloped sense of hokey crap. It is far too often that I write something that would be more than acceptable (based on most of the published stuff I see) that just screams at me, "This is C.R.A.P.!"

I need to get over this. I need to write the damned book. And on top of it all there's a script I want to write, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment