Friday, September 19, 2008

Oracle By Bike

I decided to turn a recent training ride into more of a mini-tour; I took photos, checked out the sights, did some geocaching, and had a generally good time. I was surprised by how many roadside "memorials" there are out there. This is essentially a 30 mile stretch of road, and as you can see, there are quite a few. There are also a couple of photos of a dead coyote with his tongue hanging out. You never saw that in The Roadrunner, did you? The other thing is the coyote gourds. I used to see all kinds of them along the way here. This time around I was surprised to only find one little patch with three ruined gourds in it. I did find a pretty nice patch on the other side of the road coming back, though. I grabbed four nice ones. The idea is to dry them out and then decorate them. I have brought them home before for the same purpose but Joan keeps throwing them away on me! Here are my pics from my "tour":




























No comments:

Post a Comment