Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cyclilng...Must...Go...Cycling...gasp

I have to get out on my bike. I need to go on a tour. I need to accomplish that this year. My one failed trip (silly!) is a glaring black mark on my cycling agenda.

It has been so windy here lately. The winds in the morning have been in the 13 mph range. Yesterday and today they are 25-35 mph and there are supposed to be gusts of up 50 mph. That's crazy windy. I was riding back from a ride one day and there were 50-60 mph gusts that I didn't realize we were supposed to be getting that day. I had my bike literally blown out from under me. It was scary.

I rode my Lemond road bike the other day for the first time since El Tour. I have been exclusively riding my touring bike. It was weird. It was all fast and twitchy and frankly scared the hell out of me for the first couple of minutes. It's amazing how fast you adjust to a different geometry and how fast you can forget one, too.

Damn it. I need to go on a long, long ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment