Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Agua en El Aeropuerto

Airport water is never all that good. I don't really have all that much to say about it, just that it's, as I've said, never all that good. You can buy bottled water. That all tastes the same. Or, rather, doesn't taste the same, if you get my drift. But I steer clear of bottled water. If my life was at stake, sure, give me an effin Fiji Aquafina, Poland Springs, Arrowhead Springs, I don't care. Just give me some water. But I've yet to be in that situation so I try not to buy bottled water.

What I do is bring an empty water bottle through security. I have yet to have anyone even bat an eye at this (though I was blocked from bringing an empty, see through, open water bottle into a minor league ball park--but that's another story). I then fill the bottle up at the drinking fountain before boarding the plan. This works very well and it's a lot better than buying bottled water. Cheaper, too.

But, no matter how different water supplies may be, airport water generally tastes the same--bad. Like old well water. I don't know if well water actually changes flavor as it sits and ages, but I have to say that this is the only way I can imagine describing the taste of airport water. But I still drink it. It gives me one more thing to look forward to as I travel--the taste of water home-filtered and ready to be drunk by a thirsty guy like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment