Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Disney Pixar Cars

Joan and I drove up to Vegas with our friends Ken and Marie (they actually drove) and we stopped in Kingman, Arizona, there and back. On the way back we went to the Route 66 Historical Museum in Kingman. It's a nice little museum. I was able to watch part of the film they show and they feature Seligman, AZ, as pretty much the source of Arizona's decision to list Route 66 in Arizona as a historical route. So I was just surfing around the net for info because I've never been to Seligman (that I know of). Turns out that, according to one site, Disney Pixar's movie Cars was inspired by Seligman's struggles and gives credit to the town in the closing credits.

I have a long history of not being a Disney fan (even though I grew up on a steady diet of Disney movies and have taken my kids to Disney World). I think Disney is the Devil. So imagine how conflicted I am now that I think I will have to find Cars and watch it. Well, the grandkids should like it, right?