Friday, December 18, 2009

Mike Doughty Interview

The Mike Doughty interview is up and available for reading at the WickedInfo site. It was a challenge. As I said, it was my first time doing anything like this. I was nervous about it. Then my recording turned out like crap. I had to dump it onto the computer and then listen to parts of it over and over using I don't know how many different sound tools to tweak things to where I could hear exactly what was being said: noise reduction, normalization, compression, speed adjustments, high pass filters, low pass filters, even distortion in a few places. In the end I have a good representation of the interview and I am confident there are no misquotes. Granted, I edited out a whole lot of verbal hedges and pauses, etc., but the phrasing and content are accurate.

If you're not familiar with Mike Doughty check him out. He was the front man for the band Soul Coughing but his solo stuff is quite a bit different than Soul Coughing considering it's the same singer and guitar player! Anyway, check out the interview: