Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Asmanex?

As someone with asthma (fortunately very mild), I at least listen to commercials for asthma medications. I keep seeing one for Asmanex. Someone explain this to me: The commercial features a woman who claims that she felt she was using her inhaler too much--as much as twice a week! Twice a week is excessive? Whatever. The interesting part is that this "excessive" inhaler use has driven her to her doctor in search of Asmanex--an inhaler she can use every single day in addition to the regular inhaler she has been hellishly attached to up to twice a week. How does that follow?

1 comment:

  1. My current 2 favorite drug commercials are:

    1: Sally Fields for Boniva. She pretty much talks about how stupid her friend is for taking her osteoporosis medicine once a week while Sally only has to take her medicine once a month. Perhaps her friend is not senile yet and can still handle once a week unlike Sally.

    2: Mirapex for restless legs. The side effects include GAMBLING??? Is “Johnny 2 Thumbs” going to understand that all my markers are not my fault?

    DMR

    ReplyDelete