Saturday, September 8, 2007

Salmon Enchiladas with Mesquite Tortillas

Joan and I were out shopping at the Oro Valley farmer's market and someone was selling mesquite tortillas. Of course, I had to have them. Joan and I came up with this incredible recipe and decided it must be shared with the world. OK. Let's be honest. Joan pretty much came up with the recipe, but I did help make it!

I know finding mesquite tortillas will be an all but impossible task for some of you, but damn were they incredible!!! I'm sure other tortillas (flavored or otherwise) would be good, but in many ways I think the tortilla really made this recipe. They have a slightly sweet, smoky, nutty flavor that's really unique. Whole wheat tortillas might be the next closest thing. Not sure.

Anyway, I highly recommend this recipe. It was that good. And pretty simple.

SALMON ENCHILADAS

6 Mesquite Tortillas

10oz Salmon

3 roasted Poblano chiles (diced)

1 bulb roasted garlic

1 diced mango

1 cup organic whole black beans

1.5 cups low-fat mild cheddar

160z jar 505 Southwestern Organic Green Chile Sauce

2 TBLS Cotija cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray pan with cooking spray and cook salmon. Combine flaked cooked salmon with diced mango, Poblano chiles, garlic, beans, one cup of the cheddar cheese and approximately 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the green chile sauce. Divide into six equal portions. Fill and roll tortillas with the mixture.

Spread approximately 1/2 cup of the chile sauce into the bottom of a 9" x 12" baking dish. Arrange rolled and filled tortillas evenly in the bottom of the baking dish. Cover with remaining chile sauce. Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese on top.

Cover baking dish with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an addition 5 - 7 minutes until hot and bubbly. Remove from oven and sprinkle Cotija cheese on top. Let sit for approximately 5 - 7 minutes.

Serve with corn cake and green salad and enjoy! Great with a cold Corona with lime.

2 comments:

  1. It is sad, I don't see too many comments. But at least you know I was here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum. but I left out the mango. And I used cheddar with bacon.

    ReplyDelete