Sunday, January 6, 2008

Erg....

I don't feel good. I ache everywhere, have a slight fever, and feel a bit pukey. I've been lying around all day and have no idea what made me sick. Who knows.

Maybe it was the poor showing at the Iowa caucus. It becomes ever clearer that people vote for image and other unimportant reasons other than substance. Less than 1% for Joe Biden! Nothing for Dodd. Both of those guys are far better than the three front runners. I suppose part of it has to do with the fact that the media completely ignores anyone but the top two (and sometimes three). I was glad to see Edwards edge ahead of Clinton. I still say she's a coin toss away from being a Republican. My fear with Obama is that he'll get too caught up in trying to please everyone and lose track of the real issues at hand.

I just hope they don't get sucked into the "I'm more religious than you are" game that Huckabee will certainly be slinging around. People have no idea how important the separation of church and state really is. We need someone who will govern with wisdom and reason and not feel he or she has to run every decision by the tenets of a 2000 year old mythology.

My religion is better than your religion is the root of most of the world's problems today!

No comments:

Post a Comment