Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Whole Foods

Whole Foods has bought out Wild Oats. Apparently, this means I get to buy the same stuff for more money. I admit there's a lot to be said for Whole Foods and their business plan. I like their support for organics and natural foods and their strict ban on GMO and animal products that have not been farmed in a natural and humane way (if, that is, killing animals for food can be natural and humane). However, I'm finding it hard to believe that a much larger company can't provide the same products for the same or less money. Seriously.

Oh, and while I was there I bought a bag of shredded organic mozzarella cheese. Apparently, organic cheese comes from solid gold cows. That can be the only explanation for the price I had to pay for a half pound of curdled and shredded milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment