Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Breakfast!

Today Stephy brought a couple of nice eggs and some cheese, broccoli, and chicken diced up for a nice scramble. I had some corn tortillas so I thought I'd make the kids some small breakfast burritos--they usually like to eat those on their own.

So what's the first thing Julian does when Steph walks out the door? He, of course, reaches up to the counter and grabs the cooler bag with the eggs and stuff in it and proceeds to drop the eggs on the floor. And, of course, they both broke.

Fortunately, I just bought some eggs and was still able to make them their special breakfast--which they ate half-heartedly. But at least they ate some of it, even if I had to clap for them every time they took a bite. I also had to wash Layla's little fork several times because she kept throwing it on the floor.

I often wonder how these kids keep growing bigger and stronger when they seemingly exist on about ten calories a day. They must be getting more calories from the dirt and other things they put in their mouths they're not supposed to eat.