Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kmobucha

I should be making the tea for my next round of Kmobucha but I didn't buy any distilled water. I'll have to go to the store today because I can't let it sit too much longer or it will get more sour than I would like. I try to always use distilled water for the initial tea brewing so that I don't have to worry about chlorine or anything else in the water affecting the SCOBY.

I have really liked the rooibos Kmobucha. The only downside to the rooibos is no caffeine!!! So I'll probably do what I did last brewing cycle, one rooibos and one pu erh. Or, thinking about it now, maybe I'll do a mix of half rooibos and half pu erh. I bet that would be good! That's what I'll do.

I would like to brew the tea this morning because it takes so long for it to cool down to room temperature and my fridge is too crowded to fit large containers of hot tea inside--besides, that would probably kick the fridge into hyperdrive and I'm not sure the old gal could handle the extra load.

There are a couple of reasons I call it Kmobucha. One, well, it's kind of cute, don't you think? Kombucha/Kmobucha, the play on my name and all. But, more practically, I simply type it that way automatically because whenever my fingers need to type the letters K, M, and O they just automatically type in that order. Again, it's that whole name thingy.